This page highlights recent publications by GIRN members, organized by Peer-Reviewed Publications, Reports, and General Audience.
- Huang, Xi, and Cathy Yang Liu. 2019. "Immigrant Entrepreneurship and Economic Development: A Local Policy Perspective." Journal of the American Planning Association.
- Huang, Xi, and Cathy Yang Liu. 2016. "Welcoming Cities: Immigration Policy at the Local Government Level." Urban Affairs Review, 54, 1: 3-32.
- Kim, Anna J., Josh M. Levin, and Nisha D. Botchwey. 2018. "Planning with Unauthorized Immigrant Communities: What Can Cities Do?" Journal of Planning Literature, 33, 1: 3-16.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2018. "Book Review: Shifting Boundaries: Immigrant Youth Negotiating National, State, and Small-Town Politics (by Alexis M. Silver)." International Migration Review.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2018. "Shared Humanity, City Branding, and Municipal Immigrant Integration Initiatives in the Southeastern United States." Southeastern Geographer, 58, 3: 250-281.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Anna Joo Kim. 2017. "Receptivity and the Welcoming Cities Movement: Advancing a Regional Immigrant Integration Policy Framework in Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia." Papers in Applied Geography, 3, 3-4: 355-379.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Jordyne Krumroy. (In Press, 2019). "From Municipal to Regional Immigrant Integration in a Major Emerging Gateway: Planning a Welcoming Metro Atlanta." Papers in Applied Geography.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Qingfang Wang. 2019. "Immigrant Integration and Receptivity Policy Formation in Welcoming Cities." Journal of Urban Affairs.
- McDaniel, Paul N. and Heather A. Smith. 2017. "Receptivity's Construction in Public Schools: A Component of Immigrant Integration in an Emerging Gateway." Journal of International Migration and Integration, 18, 4: 1061-1081.
- Rodriguez, Darlene Xiomara and Paul N. McDaniel. (In Press, 2019). “Community-Based Participatory Research as a Tool for Improved Understanding and Practice of Newcomer Integration.” Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement.
- Rodriguez, Darlene Xiomara, Paul N. McDaniel, and Gianni Bisio. 2019. "'FU': One Response to the Liminal State Immigrant Youth Must Navigate." Law & Policy, 41, 1: 59-79.
- Rodriguez, Darlene Xiomara, Paul N. McDaniel, and Marie-Dominique Ahebee. 2018. "Welcoming America: A Case Study of Municipal Immigrant Integration, Receptivity, and Community Practice." Journal of Community Practice, 26, 3: 348-357.
- Huang, Xi, and Cathy Yang Liu. 2016. Welcoming Cities: Immigration Policy at the Local Government Level. Atlanta: The Center for State and Local Finance, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Kerr, Juliana, Paul McDaniel, and Melissa Guinan. 2014. Reimagining the Midwest: Immigration Initiatives and the Capacity of Local Leadership. Chicago, IL: The Chicago Council on Global Affairs.
- Kim, Anna Joo, et. al. 2016. Clarkston Speaks, The City Listens. Atlanta, GA: School of City and Regional Planning, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Kim, Anna Joo, et. al. 2015. Imagine Our Norcross: Planning for Immigrant Integration. Atlanta, GA: School of City and Regional Planning, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- McDaniel, Paul. 2016. Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Welcoming Cities: Lessons from Chicago, Dayton, and Nashville. Washington, DC: American Immigration Council.
- Kim, Anna Joo. 2017. "An Introduction to 'Immigrant Atlanta' and Beyond: A Tour of the Work of the Georgia Immigration Research Network." Atlanta Studies. July 25, 2017.
- Kim, Anna Joo. 2016. "Immigrant Community Studio and Working Group on Immigrant Labor." Atlanta: Center for Urban Innovation, Georgia Tech.
- Kim, Anna Joo. 2016. "Immigration in Georgia: The GIRN and 'Welcoming Cities' Forum." Georgia Tech Center for Urban Innovation. June 6.
- Kim, Anna Joo. 2016. "A Welcoming (and Sometimes Not) America: Immigrant Integration in the New South." Metropolitics. November 1.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2015. "How a Cultural Institution Can Shape Receptivity in a New Immigrant Destination." The Migrationist. October 16, 2015.
- McDaniel, Paul N. 2016. "Shaping and Reshaping Identity on Immigrant and Refugee Receptivity." The Migrationist. June 17, 2016.
- McDaniel, Paul N., Darlene Xiomara Rodriguez, and Anna Joo Kim. 2018. "Creating a Welcoming Metro Atlanta: A Regional Approach to Immigrant Integration." Atlanta Studies. April 26, 2018.
- Rodriguez, Darlene Xiomara. 2016. "Welcoming America: A Movement to Embrace Newcomers." Insight Into Diversity.